Privacy and Cookies Policy
Last Updated on May 11, 2020
Parcy INC. is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and security.
How we store personal information
Parcy integrates Intercom services for customer communications. We store your name, email, number of your sessions, and some other general personal information there (but not anything related to your personal library). Please check Intercom Privacy page to get the detailed information on their approach to privacy.
We also use Amazon Cloud Services to run the application, but we don’t store any personal information there.
What personal information we collect
We collect personal information that you provide to us when you use our services:
- Account and profile information: your name and your email.
- Personal library data: including all kinds of events you created and all files you uploaded. This includes the content of the files, and meta information, including lists of users with whom your data is shared.
- Usage and device information: including number of sessions, date and time of your first and last sessions, your last IP address, etc (see Intercom Privacy page for more details).
- User feedback and support requests that you send us via Intercom or by email.
- Cookies and other tracking technologies: for analytics and advertising purposes.
Your rights and choices
As a Parcy user, you can:
- access your personal events history and your profile information directly from the product;
- update your profile information, like name and email, in your user profile;
- request a copy of your information from your user profile (all your personal information will be sent to you by email in the standard formats, as required by the data portability law enforcement);
- opt-out of our marketing communications by using Unsubscribe link in any of the marketing emails;
- request to deactivate your profile and delete all of your personal information from your user profile (this cannot be undone).
How we use personal information
We use information we collect to:
- provide and administer our products and services;
- provide customer support upon your requests;
- bill you for products and services you purchased;
- provide you information about the new product releases and other marketing information, in case you give us consent to do so (you can revoke it at any time);
- perform internal data analytics (but never delegating it to any third-parties);
- protect our legitimate business interests and rights (in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business).
We rely on the these legal bases for processing your personal information:
- providing the services and customer support to you;
- our legitimate business interests;
- compliance with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims; or
- your consent to the processing, which you can revoke at any time.
How your personal information can be shared
We only share your personal information in case you decided to use Sharing or Publishing features of the product, and only for the specific information that you decided to share.
When you use Sharing feature, the information is shared with other users that you explicitly select in the Sharing interface, but it can also be shared with other people by users who already have access to this information.
When you use Publishing feature, the information becomes publicly available by the unique link that is automatically generated. Only users who have the link can access this information. You are responsible for the privacy and distribution of the link. The link can be destroyed by you at any time, and the information becomes unavailable for everyone, unless they created a screenshot or another copy of the information.
How we protect personal information
All user data is transferred using an encrypted connection (SSL/TLS). The only exception is data gathered via external services which don’t cover HTTPS connectivity (specifically when you add URLs to Parcy which start with http://…).
Backups are made on a daily basis and stored securely on Firebase servers.
All your personal data is stored on, Help Scout, and Stripe servers in the USA. No user data or files are ever shared with 3rd parties.
Questions and complaints